- Operation possible within 2 weeks
- Maintain feeling in the nipples
- Our doctors have years of experience
- The operation takes 1.5 to 2 hours
- The recovery time is 2 to 3 weeks
- Overall anesthesia
What does a breast lift mean?
A breast lift is one of the most performed breast operations in the Netherlands and our specialized doctors are happy to help you!
This procedure is always performed under complete anesthesia.
How does a breast lift work?
Many women have trouble with the shape of their breasts. This is usually due to:
- Weight gain or decrease. For example, the breasts will hang after a pregnancy;
- Overweight breasts that subsequently cause back, shoulder and / or neck complaints;
- Psychic related causes. For example, you may feel insecure if you feel that your breasts are too small or too large.
With a breast lift, excess skin is removed from the chest. This means that the breast is slightly smaller. That is why the breast lift for smaller breasts is often combined with the placement of a small implant to also have a magnifying effect.
When the skin is removed the nipples and the breast tissue will be placed higher. A circular scar will develop around both nipples. Occasionally, a relaxed breast can be corrected by only a breast augmentation.
Before the breast lift is performed, you come to consult with one of our consultants. They listen to your wishes and expectations and will give advice on which doctor suits you best. After this, an appointment is made for a consultation with the doctor who will carry out your breast lift. He will look at your breasts again and assess whether the procedure is medically safe. When this is the case, the operation will be scheduled. In the Netherlands, it is legally required that 7 days of waiting time occur between the consultation with the doctor and the operation.
After the breast lift
Immediately after the breast lift you get a firm postoperative bra that works as a bandage. We advise you to be as careful as possible after the operation. We also recommend to wear postoperative bra for six weeks after the operation. Normal exercise is fine, but try to avoid strenuous work for the first six weeks. This means that you can not exercise intensively and can not lift heavy objects during the recovery period. Quiet cycling, walking and driving can be done with confidence after a week.
Free breast lift consultation
Interested in a breast lift? Click here to schedule a consultation.
* The doctor determines whether the treatment is medically necessary. This treatment is exempt from health care in the sense of art. 11-1-g Law on sales tax 1968